Do I qualify if I have crooked teeth? Certainly; at New Image Dentistry, we treat many patients who have crooked teeth. In many cases, our patients will begin an orthodontic treatment and have a dental implant placed when it is nearly complete. That way, space can be created for the implant if necessary. Simultaneously, when the procedures are combined, your smile will be greatly improved. In rare cases, existing teeth do not respond like they should to an orthodontics treatment like braces or aligners. In this situation, an orthodontist may recommend having that one particular tooth removed and replaced with a dental implant. This is something we can discuss with you in our Bakersfield dental office.Can I get implants if I have an over/under-bite? Yes, the position of your bite does not necessarily impact whether or not you qualify for dental implants. However, we will typically recommend that you consider an orthodontics solution to address this issue. By aligning your jaw first, you can have both the functional and appearance aspects of your smile corrected.
Check out what others are saying about our Dental Implants support services on Yelp: Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants Bakersfield.
Helpful Related Links
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). What Are Dental Implants. 2013
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP). Implants Defined. 2015
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Page on Implants. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- New Image Dentistry was established in 1998
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Kern County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Bakersfield, Taft, Lake Isabella, Delano, & Mcfarland
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details