How should I prepare for the surgery? In our 93301 dental office, we encourage patients to place some soft ice packs in the freezer. Using them, along with taking ibuprofen, can help to reduce swelling. You should also buy soft foods to eat and plan on taking a couple of days off work. Your gums will be swollen and sore for a few days, so while you will be able to work, you will not be feeling 100 percent and may have difficulty communicating like normal. If you need to work, ask if you can have light duty for a few days or if you can work from home.What can I eat afterward? At New Image Dentistry, we recommend you eat soft foods that are not too hot or too cold. For example, you should buy yogurt, soft cheese, ice cream, soup to eat at a warm temperature, and fruit to make smoothies. This way, you can receive the nutrition you need without irritating your gums. You can slowly begin to add normal food back into your diet, but should avoid eating anything hard, sharp, or difficult to chew for several days. For example, eat a hamburger without the bacon or an omelet instead of waffles. During your recovery, you need to make these simple adjustments that allow you to eat what you need without exposing your gums to anything harmful.
Check out what others are saying about our implant support services on Yelp: Post-Op Care for Dental Implants Bakersfield.
Helpful Related Links
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). What Are Dental Implants. 2013
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP). Implants Defined. 2015
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- New Image Dentistry was established in 1998
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Kern County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Bakersfield, Taft, Lake Isabella, Delano, & Mcfarland
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details